In All My Relations (Mitakuye Oyasin), photographer Aaron Huey portrays both the broken social landscape and the ceremonial warrior culture of the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. This body of work goes far beyond the obvious, and over documented, poverty and into the world of the tribe’s visions and dreams. It is a witness to both the dark and the light, and is intentionally presented as more of a prayer or poem than documentary. The book begins and ends with a traditional Lakota prayer, suggesting that the intervening images may be analogous to a transformative ceremonial experience.
This Super Limited Edition of Aaron Huey’s MITAKUYE OYASIN : ALL MY RELATIONS includes:
- An original Shepard Fairey/Aaron Huey silkscreen printed on Canvas Box (signed and numbered by both artists).
- A collection of Lakota Heyoka Stanley Good Voice Elk’s vision drawings, accompanied by his letter-pressed oral histories.
- A collection of Travis Lone Hill’s drawings, all made on prison paperwork, while he was imprisoned at the South Dakota State Penitentiary.
- A signed copy of the original sold-out first edition of Aaron’s book Mitakuye Oyasin.
- Three “dime store” prints taken of/by the subjects of Mitakuye Oyasin.
- Two prints of historical images from Pine Ridge family collections.
- One foldout drawing by Charlie Waters III (reproduction).
- And a signed, editioned Aaron Huey print from the series
(choose from the 3 options shown in the slider above. Please use the “notes” option in your order to tell us which print you’d like).
- First Edition book included was published by:
Radius Books, Santa Fe, NM
Hardbound lay-open binding and dust jacket
208 pages, 134 color illustrations
12.5 x 9.5 inches